Our Call to Action
The US Campaign is a diverse coalition working for freedom from occupation and equal rights for all by challenging U.S. policy towards Israel/Palestine. The Campaign is based on human rights and international law, providing a non-sectarian framework for everyone who supports its Call to Action. Its strategy is to inform, educate, and mobilize the public so as to change the U.S. role to support peace, justice, human rights, and international law.
The US Campaign endorsed the Palestinian civil society call for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) shortly after it was issued in July 2005. Academic and Cultural Boycott were endorsed at the 2009 conference.
In 2006 the US Campaign Assembly overwhelmingly resolved to adopt the language of apartheid and Jim Crow segregation in describing Israeli policies towards Palestinians.
CALL TO ACTION
Our Principles and Purpose
* We stand for freedom from occupation and equal rights for all. International law guarantees these human rights, including the right to exist in peace and security.
* We aim to change those U.S. policies that sustain Israel's 46-year occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem, and deny equal rights for all.
* We will inform, educate, and mobilize the public regarding the U.S. Government's current as well as potential role in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
* We seek to change such policies as the billions of U.S. military and economic aid dollars provided despite Israelís violations of U.S. and international law.
* We call for the United States to work within the United Nations to implement a just and lasting peace.
We include civil and human rights activists, faith-based organizations, peace activists, Arab-American organizations, Jewish groups opposing the occupation, students, and others who promote peace and justice in Israel and Palestine. We invite all who support this Call to contribute to the fulfillment of its purpose.
If your organization wants to join our Call to Action and become a member group of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, click here.