Teach-In at ADC Convention, Sunday, June 10
* Teach-in at the Annual National Convention of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee
* Omni Shoreham Hotel, Capitol Room, 2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington, DC
* $10 entry fee if you're not registered to attend ADC convention
Rally at West Lawn of Capitol, Sunday, June 10
* Begin assembling at the West Lawn of the Capitol at 1:00PM
* Rally begins at 2:00PM and lasts until 4:00PM
* Bring food, water, a hat, and sunscreen
* Don't drive--there is limited public parking on Capitol Hill. Take the metro to either Union Station on the red line or Capitol South on the orange/blue lines
* The approximate locations of the stage, first aid station, and portable toilets are marked on the map below.
March to the Ellipse (White House), Sunday, June 10
* The march will begin from the Capitol at the conclusion of the rally at 4:00PM
* The march route agreed upon with the police authorities is southwest on Maryland Ave., then west on Independence Ave., then north on 15th Street. The rally will disperse at the northeast corner of the Washington Monument, across the street from the Ellipse and White House.
* The anticipated march route is approximately 1.5 miles
* The Ellipse is a few blocks from both the Farragut West and McPherson Square stops on the orange/blue lines and Farragut North on the red line.
Cultural Event, Sunday, June 10
* Following the march to the White House, there will be a cultural evening at the National City Christian Church at Thomas Circle, from 7:30-9:30PM.
* The church is less than one mile from the Ellipse. To get there, walk north on 15th Street until it intersects with Vermont Ave. Continue going slightly northeast until you reach Thomas Circle.
Grassroots Lobbying Day Training, Monday, June 11
* The training will take place at the Lutheran Church of the Reformation, 212 East Capitol Street, Washington, DC from 8:30AM-10:30AM
* Our use of space at Church of the Reformation does not indicate endorsement or sponsorship by the church.
* The church is located near the Capitol South and Union Station metro stops.
* Afterwards, participants will go to their pre-arranged meetings with their Members of Congress on Capitol Hill