Take Action in Rachel Corrie's MemoryMarch 12th, 2009
March 16, 2003, U.S. peace activist Rachel Corrie was killed by the
Israeli military as she was nonviolently trying to protect a
Palestinian home from being destroyed.
Learn more about Rachel Corrie's life and work on our website.
Take Action - Continue Rachel's work with the action steps below.
1. Click here to email Caterpillar's board of directors and demand accountability for the death of Rachel Corrie and the destruction of Palestinian homes. Not only have Caterpillar bulldozers destroyed tens of thousands of Palestinian homes, vast swaths of Palestinian agricultural lands, and killed Rachel Corrie and dozens of Palestinians during home demolitions, they were also used by the Israeli military as part of "Operation Cast Lead" to destroy Palestinian civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip.
2. Hold a vigil, memorial or other event honoring Rachel Corrie's life & legacy. Click here to use the tools on our website to learn more about Rachel's life and work, find a memorial in your area, plan your own memorial event and post it for others to find on our website.
3. Click here to send an email supporting Students for Justice in Palestine and divestment at Hampshire College. These student activists have pushed their campus to be the first in the U.S. to divest from the Israeli occupation - now let's keep it that way by congratulating the college president & chairman of the board of trustees.
4. Click here for more information about hosting a leg of the US Campaign's fall 2009 campus organizing tour. This tour will work with campus communities to strengthen boycott and divestment campaigns across the country. Students, faculty, alumni and community members are invited to host a tour stop in October, 2009.
5. Tell a friend about Rachel Corrie's story and ask them to take action in her memory. Click here to send your friends a message about Rachel Corrie.
6. Support the US Campaign's ongoing work targeting Caterpillar and other corporations supporting Israel's illegal military occupation. Click here to make a tax-deductible donation.
While Monday, March 16th marks the 6th anniversary of Rachel's death, we're taking action to end the injustices that she fought against throughout the month of March.
March is boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) month for our coalition and we invite you to take action all month long - organize boycott & divestment campaigns in your community, work with campus and community groups to apply to host our fall 2009 campus organizing tour or host an educational event about BDS. Click here for more information about our ongoing boycott of Motorola or click here to sign up to get materials to spread the boycott in your community. We'll wrap up our month of BDS action with the March 30th International BDS Action Day. Visit our website for action ideas, a list of March 30th events, and to post your own event.