The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is set to hold its annual policy conference in DC starting on March 2. CODEPINK: Women for Peace is organizing Boycott AIPAC protests all day and you should come out to send the message that the U.S. should no longer support and fund Israel's occupation and apartheid policies towards Palestinians. RSVP here!
You can also participate in some culture jamming in the lead up to the conference by taking the following two actions:
- Watch and share this offensive video promoting the AIPAC policy conference. Click here to post on Facebook and here to tweet to your followers.
- Create and post an "I am AIPAC" sticker. AIPAC is asking its supporters to demonstrate how broad and diverse its membership is and to show their commitment to the pro-Israel movement. This is a great opportunity to expose what AIPAC actually supports: occupation, apartheid, colonization, and overall Israeli oppression of Palestinians.
- Go to http://www.iamaipac.org/stickers/.
- Click "Choose a Photo" and upload an image that highlights Israel's brutal treatment of Palestinians.
- Choose your "I am..." from the list provided.
- Submit the photo then save it and send it to email@example.com so we can collect them and share on our Tumblr!
- If you are on Twitter, tweet your sticker using #AIPACPride and #AIPAC14.
- Here is an example: