ABOUT US | ACTION ALERTS | GET INVOLVED | DONATE | MERCHANDISE | RESOURCES | JOIN | CONTACT US | SEARCH THE SITE

  Calendar
  Add Event
All Current Events
Event Archives
  Events
 
View events in:
View All Submit
  Join Campaign Listserv
 


  Campaign Projects
  Legislative Project
  Media Project
  Resources
  Talking Points for "Razing Rafah: Mass Home Demolitions in the Gaza Strip"
  Merchandise
  Stop the Wall Resources
  Divestment Resources
  Fact Sheets
  Articles
  Strategy Papers/Reports
  Occupation End Notes
  Understanding the Conflict: A Primer
  The Geneva Accords
  Road Map to Where?
  Options
 
E-Mail This Page
Printer Safe Version
Site Map
Home   »  Calendar

Events

Search the Calendar
      or  

Women in Black San Francisco Vigil
Friday, June 6th 2003 5 pm PST
San Francisco, California


Friday, June 6
International Days of Action For Justice In Palestine
Women In Black, 5:00 p.m.
Montgomery & Market Streets, San Francisco

36 years ago June 5, the Israeli government annexed the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza and launched a brutal military occupation and massive takeover of Palestinian lands. There are now over 400,000 Israeli settlers living in this occupied land, in blatant violation of international law, using 80% of the water for lawns and swimming pools, leaving only 20% for the 3.5 million Palestinians who depend on agriculture for survival.

In the past two and a half years, over 2200 Palestinian civilians have been killed by Israeli occupation forces - the equivalent of over 190,000 U.S. citizens as a percentage of population. Tens of thousands of olive trees have been uprooted for the construction of settler roads and the Apartheid Wall which is making Palestine unlivable. Over 100,000 educated Palestinians have been driven out of their country in the last year, because there is no way for them to make a living.

Now the Israeli government says they are ready for peace, but not to take responsibility for the over 5 million refugees they have created, nor to give up their illegal settlements. They have declared war on international human rights activists and journalists, killing or seriously injuring at least five in two months, and arresting, deporting or denying entry to scores.

On and around June 5, thousands will gather in over 30 cities around the world to demand an end to the occupation and a just peace for all the peoples in the region. Join San Francisco Women In Black as we gather to honor Rachel Corrie and Suraida Saleh, young U.S. women murdered by the Israeli army, as well as all the victims of occupation.

End the Occupation!
Right of Return for Palestinian Refugees
Dismantle the Settlements Now
End the US Occupation of Iraq and US Aid to Israel

Contact San Francisco Women In Black at 510-434-1304; womeninblacksf@netscape.net


Location: 
San Francisco Market and Montgomery Streets San Francisco California  

Contact:
San FranciscoWomen in Black
womeninblacksf@netscape.net
510-434-1304


ABOUT US | ACTION ALERTS | GET INVOLVED | DONATE | MERCHANDISE | RESOURCES | JOIN | CONTACT US | SEARCH THE SITE